A strong back is not only aesthetically pleasing but also helps to improve posture, prevent injuries and increase overall strength. This workout features four exercises that target all areas of your back, providing a full, balanced workout. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced fitness enthusiast, these exercises will challenge you and help you build a strong, defined back.
Exercise 1: Lying Back Extension
- Lie face down on a weight bench or the floor with your hands placed behind your head.
- Slowly lift your chest off the bench or floor by extending your back, keeping your neck in line with your spine.
- Hold for a second and then slowly lower your chest back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for 8-12 reps.
Exercise 2: Twisted Bird Dog
- Start on your hands and knees with your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees under your hips.
- Simultaneously lift your right arm and left leg off the ground, keeping your abs tight and your spine in a neutral position.
- Reach your arm and leg as far away from each other as you can, and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat for 8-12 reps, and then switch sides.
Exercise 3: Dumbbell Bent Over Row
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a pair of dumbbells in front of your thighs.
- Bend your hips back and lower your torso until it's almost parallel to the floor, keeping your back straight.
- Row the dumbbells up to your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Lower the dumbbells back to the starting position and repeat for 8-12 reps.
Exercise 4: Plate Row
- Start by holding a weight plate with both hands and kneel in front of a bench or elevated surface.
- Reach forward with the plate, keeping your arms straight and your shoulders down.
- Pull the plate back to your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Lower the plate back to the starting position and repeat for 8-12 reps.
This workout is a great way to build strength and definition in your back. Remember to keep proper form and focus on engaging your back muscles throughout each exercise. Repeat this workout 2-3 times a week for optimal results.
Would You Like to Know Exactly What to Eat to Lose Fat and Get Healthy Without Giving Up Your Favorite Foods or Starving Yourself? Watch this short video presentation to learn how: