Are you looking for a quick and easy breakfast option that's low in carbs and high in healthy fats and protein? Look no further than this Keto Spinach & Egg Frittata recipe! Not only is it delicious and satisfying, but it's also perfect for those following a ketogenic lifestyle. In this blog post, we'll dive into the benefits of a keto diet and why this frittata is the perfect breakfast option to fuel your morning.
What is a Ketogenic Diet?
A ketogenic diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that has been shown to have numerous health benefits. When following a keto diet, your body enters a state of ketosis, which means it's burning fat for fuel instead of glucose. This can lead to weight loss, improved blood sugar control, and increased energy levels, among other benefits.
One of the keys to a successful keto diet is choosing the right foods to fuel your body. That's where this Keto Spinach & Egg Frittata comes in!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the top of the frittata.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- Calories: 470
- Fat: 43g
- Protein: 19g
- Net carbs: 4g
Why Choose a Keto Spinach & Egg Frittata for Breakfast?
This frittata is the perfect breakfast option for those following a keto diet because it's high in healthy fats, moderate in protein, and low in carbs. It's also packed with nutrient-dense ingredients like baby spinach, which is a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as iron and calcium. The feta cheese adds a delicious tangy flavor while also providing some calcium and protein.
Plus, this frittata is super easy to make and can be meal prepped ahead of time for a quick and easy breakfast option throughout the week. Simply slice and reheat in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying!
Would You Like to Know Exactly What to Eat to Lose Fat and Get Healthy Without Giving Up Your Favorite Foods or Starving Yourself? Watch this short video presentation to learn how: