Looking for a warm and comforting meal that's both keto-friendly and bursting with flavor? Look no further than this delicious Roasted Red Pepper Soup recipe!
Made with just a few simple ingredients including 4 whole peppers, 4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, and 1 tsp of minced garlic, this soup is not only easy to make but also low in carbs, making it perfect for those on a keto diet.
To start, roast the red peppers until they are charred and soft, then remove the skins and seeds. In a large pot, sauté chopped onions and garlic in olive oil until soft and fragrant. Add the roasted peppers and simmer with chicken broth until the peppers are tender. Finally, blend the mixture until smooth and stir in the heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Serve hot and enjoy!
Not only is this soup delicious, but it's also packed with nutrients. Red peppers are a great source of vitamin C, vitamin A, and fiber, while the heavy whipping cream provides healthy fats that will keep you full and satisfied. Plus, the parmesan cheese adds a touch of umami that will make your taste buds dance.
So next time you're in the mood for a warm and comforting meal, give this Roasted Red Pepper Soup recipe a try. Your taste buds (and your body) will thank you!
- 4 whole red peppers
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the whole peppers on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until the skins are charred and the peppers are soft, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and place them in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the peppers have cooled, remove the skins and seeds and discard them. Cut the peppers into small pieces.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and minced garlic and sauté until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers and chicken broth to the pot and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cook for 15-20 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and use an immersion blender or transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
For more delicious and healthy recipes, check out our blog Happy cooking!
Would You Like to Know Exactly What to Eat to Lose Fat and Get Healthy Without Giving Up Your Favorite Foods or Starving Yourself? Watch this short video presentation to learn how: